In the Spring of 1991, The Circle Newsletter‘s premier edition was published and chronicled the birth of The Circle, our first public event (the Ritual of Re-Membering, commemorating the first anniversary of the Montreal Massacre), our newly created vision statement, upcoming events, a book review and the “Forging Links” column, featuring information about other Canadian or international women’s groups. This publication has since become a cornerstone of The Circle’s commmunication with our members and women in the wider community.
The Circle Newsletter is unique in that our “front page” features a reflection that is written using a co-creative process by all women on the Editorial Circle (the volunteer circle that produces the newsletter). We feel that this process of co-creation distills the musings, opinions and experiential wisdom of our many voices to provide a reflection that is rich, layered and that hopefully taps into the universal.
The opportunity for individuals to share their insights, writings, connections or information is offered through our columns and short notices. Columns that are regularly or often featured are:
- Down to Earth – featuring eco-feminist, eco-spiritual and earth friendly information.
- On Our Shelves – a book review column for both fiction and non-fiction works of women authors and films.
- Noteworthy – news items of importance within the local, national or international feminist community.
- Just a Click Away – featuring websites worth sharing.
- Women’s Community Events -sharing women’s events and initiatives from other organizations or individuals.
Would you like to contribute a book review, eco-tip, news item or website to our newsletter? If so, please submit your content to email@example.com